Moving out of your rental property can be stressful and time-consuming. You have to pack your belongings, arrange for transportation, and deal with the paperwork. But there is one more thing you should not forget: end of tenancy cleaning.
End-of-tenancy cleaning, also known as move out cleaning or bond cleaning is the process of restoring the property to its original condition before you hand over the keys to your landlord or property manager. It is usually a requirement in your tenancy agreement and a condition for getting your bond back.
But what does it entail? How much does it cost? And how can you find a reliable and professional end-of-tenancy cleaning service in your area? In this article, we will answer these questions and more, so you can make an informed decision and have a hassle-free move.
What is End of Tenancy Cleaning?
End-of-tenancy cleaning is a thorough and deep cleaning of the entire property, including the kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, living room, hallways, and any other areas. It covers all the surfaces, fixtures, fittings, appliances, furniture, carpets, windows, and doors. It also involves removing any stains, marks, dust, dirt, cobwebs, mold, grease, and odors.
It is different from regular house cleaning because it is more comprehensive and detailed. It requires special equipment, products, and techniques to ensure that every corner and crevice is spotless and sanitized. It also follows a checklist that meets the standards and expectations of landlords and property managers.
Why Do You Need End-of-Tenancy Cleaning Service?
End-of-tenancy cleaning is not only a courtesy to your landlord or property manager but also a legal obligation. According to the Residential Tenancies Act 1986, you must leave the property reasonably clean and tidy when you move out. If you fail to do so, you may lose part or all of your bond money.
Your bond money is usually equivalent to four weeks’ rent and is held by Tenancy Services until the end of your tenancy. It serves as a security deposit in case you cause any damage to the property or breach any terms of your tenancy agreement. To get your bond back in full, you need to provide evidence that you have completed end-of-tenancy cleaning and that the property is in the same condition as when you moved in.
How Much Does End-of-Tenancy Cleaning Cost in Auckland?
The cost of an end-of-tenancy cleaning Christchurch and around the area depends on several factors, such as the size and condition of the property, the number and type of rooms, the amount of furniture and appliances, the level of dirt and grime, and the location. The average price range for end-of-tenancy cleaning in New Zealand is between $200 and $500.
However, these are only estimates and may vary depending on the specific requirements and expectations of your landlord or property manager. Some may ask for additional services, such as carpet cleaning, oven cleaning, window cleaning, or pest control. These services may incur extra charges depending on the provider.
To get an accurate quote for the cleaning service, it is best to contact several reputable and professional bond cleaning services in your area and compare their prices and offers. You can also check online reviews and testimonials from previous customers to get an idea of their quality and reliability.
How to Hire a Cleaner for Your Move Out Clean?
Moving house can be stressful and time-consuming, especially when you have to deal with the end-of-tenancy cleaning. You want to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition to get your bond back and avoid any disputes with your landlord or agent. But how do you find a reliable and professional cleaner who can get the job done efficiently and effectively?
Here are some steps to help you hire a cleaner for your move-out cleaning:
- Ask around for referrals from people you know who have used professional cleaning services before. They can give you honest feedback and recommendations based on their personal experience.
- Search online for local cleaning experts who offer end-of-lease cleaning services. Use keywords such as “move-out cleaning”, “end of tenancy cleaning”, “bond cleaning”, “cleaning services”, etc., and add your location (e.g. “cleaning Christchurch”, “cleaning Auckland”, etc.).
- Visit their websites and social media pages to learn more about their services, prices, availability, guarantees, insurance, credentials, awards, etc.
- Read online reviews and ratings from previous customers on platforms such as Google My Business, Facebook, Trustpilot, etc. Look for positive feedback and testimonials that show their quality of work and customer satisfaction.
- Contact them via phone or email and request a free quote based on your specific needs and preferences. Compare their quotes and offers and choose the one that fits your budget and expectations.
- Book their service in advance and confirm the date and time of the appointment. Make sure they have access to the property and all the necessary equipment and supplies.
- Prepare the property for bond cleaning by removing all your personal belongings, rubbish, food items, etc. Leave the property as empty as possible for the cleaner to work efficiently.
- Supervise the cleaning or check the results after the cleaner has finished. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, contact the cleaner immediately and ask for a re-clean or a refund.
How to Get Your Rental Bond Refund Back Quickly
Moving out of a rental property can be stressful and time-consuming. You want to make sure that you leave the place in good condition so that you can get your bond back quickly and without any hassle. But how can you do that without spending hours scrubbing and cleaning every corner of the house?
The answer is simple: hire a professional end-of-tenancy cleaning service. A professional end-of-tenancy cleaning service will take care of all the cleaning tasks that you need to complete before you move out. They will use the best cleaning products and techniques to deliver a comprehensive clean that will impress your landlord or new tenant. They will also follow the requirements of your tenancy contract so that you don’t miss any important details.
Whether you need wall cleaning, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, toilet cleaning, exterior surface cleaning, or any other type of cleaning, a professional end-of-tenancy cleaning service will have it covered. They will also provide you with a receipt that you can show to your landlord or agent as proof of the quality of their work.