What is better than a clean and comfortable living space?
Everyone wants a clean and tidy house, but it is sometimes difficult due to busy schedules. And no one wants to spend their weekend cleaning the house.
Hiring a home cleaner can help you manage time, maintain a social life, and get a comfortable living space. Here are a few things that you should keep in mind to get the most out of your home cleaner:
Prepare the room and remove the clutter
Humans create a lot of clutter at home by leaving the dishes in the sink, not putting shoes in place, leaving clothes in the washing machine, etc.
Hiring a professional home cleaner doesn’t mean they need to clear the countertops. So, put things like magazines, newspapers, etc., in place and remove everything that can hinder the cleaning process. This will speed up the house cleaning process and help you to get better results.
Get proper cleaning supplies.
Though most home cleaner professionals come fully equipped with cleaning supplies, keeping a few extra towels, mops, soaps, cleaning liquids, etc., is better.
If you want them to use a specific product to clean something, inform them in advance to avoid any problems.
If you want them to use your supplies, properly label them. Also, inform them where they can find the supplies if you are not home.
Give a proper outline regarding the work to be done and your expectations. Tell them the type of cleaning you want and prioritize the cleaning chores. This will simplify their work and also help them to meet your expectations.
If there’s something you don’t want the home cleaner to clean, explain it properly. If you are not at home, you can leave a sticky note for them as a reminder.
Maintain human decency and build good relationships with the cleaning professionals. People love to work with someone who respects them and their work. Provide them with the information and make yourself available to answer their questions or clear their doubts.
Don’t ask them to declutter the house or do something they are not meant to do. It will spoil your relationship with the cleaner and also annoy them.
Few more things that you should keep in mind
- Be friendly but do not keep chatting, as it will reduce the cleaning time. Let them do their work, and you do your own.
- Ensure you can answer their questions but stay out of their work. Do not disturb or interrupt them again and again. It is better to be in a separate room, where they are not cleaning.
- If you have pets in the house, make sure that you inform the cleaners beforehand. Also, if you are at home, watch your pets so they don’t disturb the cleaners.
- Make sure you convey the time as to when they need to come. If there’s any change in the plan or you are not at home, inform them.
- Give a clear outline of the work to be done. And don’t forget to appreciate and motivate them.
Cleaning is not an option but a priority. If you cannot manage time to clean your house, you can hire a professional and reliable home cleaner to do it for you.
You can check out the house cleaning pricing guide.